This is my beautiful sister, Kim. I don't think she ever stops smiling. She is so happy all the time. In fact, I think I've even see her cry with a smile on her face. Her middle name is Joy, no wonder, right? You can't help but be happy around Kim.
Kim has lots to smile about. She has a perfect family. Her husband Eric is every bit as AWESOME as Kim. A perfect match. Together, they have 4 AWESOME boys, Garrett, Ethan, Wyatt, and Carson. These 5 men are the center of her universe.
Kim is a perfect picture of fit. She has completed 13 marathons in her young life. That makes her 13 times more crazy than most people :-) She eats right...mostly, exercises regularly (obviously), and stays busy from sunup to sundown everyday chasing after her boys.
If this is all you knew about Kim, you would not think she is a likely candidate for cancer. This year Kim was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma. This form of cancer is very fast growing and spreads quickly. Doctors estimate that her body started fighting cancer around November, 2012, and by the time she was diagnosed on February 22nd, 2013, it had progressed too far...it's incurable.
This news is almost unbearable for people who know Kim. I wanted to set up this website for people to share stories, photos, and if she wants to...Kim can blog about her experiences, thoughts, feelings on the Kim*blog page. Please share you fun stories and good memories of Kim. Then come back and read about what others have posted.
We love you Kim!
Trying on some cool new hats. Oddly enough, both hats have bunny ears!!!
I just stumbled across a scrapbook I made for Kim and I in the garage this morning. I've known Kim for a long time, and your right Dan, always has a smile on her face. I am so saddened by this news and will definitely post some stories about our fun times together. We met in High school and were best friends right up until we started having kids. She brings a light into this world that only she can. I sure love her! Thanks for starting this Blog Dan.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dan for starting this blog. I love Kim so much and have many fond memories of our friendship as youth. She is a shining star. My heart is aching right now for her and all of her family. I'm sure I have some things to share. Love you Kim. -Aleta
ReplyDeleteKim~ The amazing girl who stole my sweet brother’s heart and will keep it safely for eternity. I’ve always said you are the perfect boy’s mom! Never afraid to jump in the mud with your boys (or whatever they are doing) and still be a radiant and beautiful woman. You are such a blessing in our family. A great example of strength and happiness. We Love You!!! I’m so grateful to Dan for starting this blog and we look forward to sharing many great stories ahead. I Love you forever, Michelle
ReplyDeleteKim! I'm so grateful your brother started this page! We will be thinking of you and wishing to see your sweet face up on the quads at Panguitch Lake! You are such a doll and I will be praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteWe are so blessed to know your family. Our boys just love your boys! We are praying and pulling for you! We have faith that the Lord will be there every step of the way. You are a strong woman and you can make it, we believe in you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKim - We think the world of you and your family! I thought it would be nice for you to know Jade comes home from school to tell us how many of her elementary classmates have been fasting and praying for you - they want to do something and they are. A show of love and faith that strong from elementary kids swells my heart and I know it will yours! What a wonderful tribute to you and your family. We all stand together - we love you we support you and we are here for you! Keep up the good fight!!!
ReplyDeleteKim, you are amazing. I will be putting your name in the at the temple here in Denver. I have always loved you and your boys Be strong, we will be praying for you and your family! Cyndi
ReplyDeleteYou always have that beauty pageant smile on your face, and you are beautiful inside and out. I love the time we had as a visiting teachers. I remember seeing you last year at the turkey trot and looking back I wish I talked to you more. I want you to know that I've been thinking about you lately and it helps me to be a better person. I'm so grateful to know you and I want you to know you are love by many and to stay strong spiritually. Prayers for you and your family. Patty crane
ReplyDeleteKim, you truly are AMAZING! I have been so impresed with your positive attitude and your courage. Your smile and laughter is contagious! You are in my thoughts constantly, and your family is always in our prayers. I love you so much! Thank you for your AMAZING example! Love, Sally
ReplyDeleteKimberly...
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE SO COOL, AND I AM MORE THEN PROUD TO BE YOUR AUNT!!
It is only because of you I ran the Blue Angeles Marathon in February 2002!
I should be motivating you, not you motivating me, the shoe is on the wrong foot!
But that is the way it works when you are special, and Kimberly.....
YOU ARE SPECIAL!!
love you with all my heart
Aunt JILL
Kim, I had to sign in under Jill's account because I couldn't get on with my computer. I just want you to know that you are an inspiration! After all, it was you who inspired me to run my first marathon (Blue Angel Marathon) when I was in my late 40's! And, you ran my second marathon (St. George 2002) with me (even though you were way out ahead of me)! Do you remember the training run we did together in Vegas? I have some great memories of times with you Kim. Hang in there...you are in our prayers and I am putting your name in the St. George Temple. Love you so much!
ReplyDeleteAunt Jeanie