Pages


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kim MacKay Fun Run

On April 13, 2013, Kim's good friends in Vegas held a 5K fun run at Heckethorn Park.  The run was incredibly well organized and supported.  There were smiles for miles...everyone had a great time :)

In addition to the tons of friends that showed up, the MacKay family and the Bender family showed up with big numbers in support of the event.  There were many faces I haven't seen since Kim and Eric moved to Montana.  I had a great time saying hello to some pretty amazing people.  I also ran a personal best 5K that morning!  Woo-hoo!  We took lots of pictures, but none of them were on my camera or phone, so if you have pics of the run or family pictures after the run, please email some good ones to me and I'll post them on this blog.  My email address is BenderDan@StanleyGroup.com.

Following the race, there was an incredible bake sale.  Cakes, cookies, donuts, muffins, and a cinnamon roll that I will never forget!  I'm pretty sure I ate more calories after the run than I burned during the run.  Oh well, my personal thanks to everyone who did anything to make this fun run and bake sale so successful.  I know Kim enjoyed hearing all the stories and feeling the love from Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment