First, our house in San Diego had a lawn on both sides of our pool. Kim and Kristin were swimming in the pool, and I was playing croquet with my step brother. I believe I was challenged to see if I could drive a croquet ball across the length of the pool to the other grass area. Not being one to back down from a challenge, I gave it my best. Well the ball traveled far and fast, but not far and fast enough. The ball splashed down on top of Kim's head!!! I think there were tears, and I felt bad, but my advice at the time was to shake it off...you'll be fine.
Second story was when I was about 15. I decided to go joy ride in my parents van. AND I thought it would be fun to bring Kim with me. Kim was standing between the second and third row of seating. While I was driving in Kim's school parking lot she screamed "STOP" so she could point out her class room. So I did. I slammed on the breaks and made the van stop suddenly. As you know from physics class, objects in motion remain in motion unless acted on by another force. Momentum carried Kim from the back of the van, face first into the engine cowling, which supplied the force to stop her face. She bit through her lip, and of course, blood went everywhere (I still feel terrible about this one)! My plea to Kim was..."Don't tell mom." It didn't work because Kim need some adult first aid. I didn't get away with this one.
Comment on this blog to post your favorite stories about Kim.
Kim, I love spending time with you! Even when I'm not causing you bodily harm :-)
Great Divide Ski Resort near Helena, MT - Ain't she purdy!
March 8, 2013 - Family Picture
Barry, Kim and Dan


This sounds like an older brother...The sisters look up to them and will do pretty much what ever the brother tells them because we love them and think they are so cool. In the end you have special memories (scars :) good and not so good...
ReplyDeleteYou can ask my brother (or Barry knows the story) about the "cat scratches" on my arm. I'm sure Kim has several of these "memories" and I'd love to hear them :0)
ReplyDelete